- Full-Time opportunity that is Monday through Saturday.
- Manages employees and operations of the sales department.
- Skills, knowledge, and education in sales
- Sales strategy design skill
- Sales and Marketing experience: 10 years (Preferred)
- Motorcycle’s parts and accessories industry experience: 5 years (Preferred)
- Experience and skill to lead the sales department
- Recognizing customer needs and responding to them
- Job Title: Sales Manager
- Department: Sales Department
- Report to: CEO
Key Results Areas
- Sales Department Operations
- Sales strategy design
- Sales KPI achievement
- Marketing knowledge
- Customer Service
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Sales Operations
- Oversee and manage all operations of the Dealership network, showrooms, eCommerce system, wholesale system
- Ensure the sales department contributes acceptable levels of gross and net profit.
- Ensure sales team members are well trained, motivated, and available when needed.
- Determine sales quotas for sales team according to their skill levels.
- Oversee sales, trade-ins, and delivery of products
- Maintain a sales history logbook.
- Establish realistic forecasts based on the facts and market
- Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for sales management.
- Maintain a balanced new unit inventory in proportion to sales.
- Establish procedures to ensure the timely and proper completion of all paperwork.
- Maintain showroom with various accessories and paint schemes, displayed in a well-lit environment that draws customers.
- Initiate procedures for quick and efficient handling of warranty items, including tagging and proper storage of these items.
- Cross-sell parts, accessories, and ready-to-ride products to customers.
- Analyse departmental activities and practices effective problem-solving techniques.
- Employ a system of responsible accounting, including budget and internal controls. Set monthly sales objectives and attain goals. Provide reports, as requested.
- Submit paperwork to and obtain approval from finance sources on all finance deals.
- Set up finance forecasting in conjunction with the sales department forecasting to achieve the desired percent of penetration and income. This is to be done on both a monthly and an annual basis.
- Establish and maintain procedures to ensure timely and proper completion of all sales-related paperwork. Also check all paperwork for the correct title, line information, taxes, errors, etc.
- Handle all rate quotations.
- Provide Sales Managerial Reports to CEO
- Establish a departmental work schedule, balancing the workload of all employees.
- Train Staff to use consistent and current sales methodologies.
- Set policies and procedures for the sales department.
- Manage employee performance (evaluate and council) and conduct performance reviews in a timely manner.
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and terminating employees.
- Forward records of all employee performance review, disciplinary actions, job promotions, pay adjustments and letters of commendation to appropriate personnel for placement in personnel files.
- Provide training for all sales employees (seminars; workshops; sales schools, etc.).
- Maintain sales follow-up programs.
- Maintain budgeted revenue and expense objectives.
- Develop promotional campaigns in conjunction with the parts and service departments.
- Maintain efficiency reports on sales representatives.
- Provide reports to GM, as requested.
- Develop monthly and annual objectives for the department in collaboration with GM.
- Attend training sessions to keep current with sales department issues.
- Set up and maintain an adequate program which will ensure a 100% turnover ratio to the Business Manager or Financial department.
- Also developed promotional campaigns in conjunction with other departments.
3. Customer Service
- Provide prompt, dependable, high-quality sales to customers by using current pro-active feature benefit sales techniques.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Ensure customers are properly qualified for needs, wants, and ability to buy.
- Institute a feature/benefit selling methodology so that all customers receive consistent treatment when doing business.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
- Plan and execute exceptional promotions to bring both “new and existing” customers into the dealership on a regular basis.
- Coordinate promotions with other departments to maximize return on promotions spending.
5. Other Duties
- As Assigned
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Model superior customer service behaviour for all sales personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees GM and owner(s).
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Be honest and fair in all business dealings.
- Demonstrate an interest in growing the sales business.
- Focus on quality.